Do you have a collection of some old photos and videos at home that your parents bought a few decades ago? If so, you may feel difficulty in projecting those albums as they are quite old and outdated now.
However, we all want to keep old memories with us, no matter in what format.
Luckily, in today’s competitive world, we have an option to choose services that help preserve old content and digitize old media into a new and better format.
iMemories and Legacybox are one of those solutions that you may stumble upon while finding something to digitize old content. Since many people feel confused when it comes to choosing the best service, I have compiled this detailed iMemories Vs Legacybox comparison guide so you can select the right option.
Comparison Table – iMemories Vs Legacybox:
Before we move further, it’s important to compare both services in this iMemories Vs Legacybox comparison table, so you can get an idea while scanning their basic features.
iOS, Android, Google Chromecast.
Reel to reel, TAPES = VHS, VHS-C, Prints
Safe to use
Version = 1.0.39
$11.99 per tape
Convert up to 2 Tapes, or 2 Films, or 2 sets of 25 Pictures to Digital = $53.99
$11.99 per 50 Ft.
Convert up to 10 Tapes, or 10 Films, or 10 sets of 25 Pictures to Digital = $259.99
$0.47 per photo
Convert up to 20 Tapes, or 20 Films, or 20 sets of 25 Pictures to Digital = $519.99
What is iMemories?
If you have old videos at home, it’s quite a hassle to locate a projector and enjoy those beautiful memories. That’s where an option like iMemories helps and saves all the memories beautifully in a modern way.
The iMemories company will take films from you, make several copies on the discs and then send back the finished product with originals.
Now you can select between Blu-Ray as well as traditional DVDs and then get the reproductions of every video you want. The company doesn’t only use the home movies but adds your favorite family photos as well.
Who Should Use iMemories?
iMemories is the best choice for people who have boxes and old reels and want to convert them into a modern digital format.
It provides you with an easy way to send your memories, choose what you want to do and then get the images back in a highly fruitful digital format that is also shareable with friends.
It’s a good choice for people who want to:
- Save precious old photos and videos
- Document family histories
- Children who are looking for a fun gift idea to surprise parents
- Preserve memories for the future.
Items You Can Send to iMemories:
- Old black and white film
- Analog photos
- Tapes of various kinds
- Damaged photos or videos
How to Send Tapes and Photos?
- Decide which items you want to send
- Get registered online and choose services
- Print and complete your customer card
- Get your box ready by including the shipping address
- Drop the box off at the post office.
How to Download Videos from iMemories?
- Visit their official website
- Click on the photos/videos you want to download
- Save the image with the title you want to use
- Repeat the process for additional photos
Pros and Cons of iMemories:
New content maintenance program
Reports of missing original files
Simple and easy to reach
Inclusion of other customers’ content
Trustworthy and safe
Upload photos and videos
Download content free of charge
What is Legacybox?
Here comes another reliable service called Legacybox. It is generally a mail-in service that allows you to digitize your old films and photos to preserve your memories forever.
The company offers complete professional digitization. They make sure that every photo and video is hand-digitized by their 200+ members. Legacybox contains an 8-acre, 100,000-square-foot production facility and has more than a decade of experience in preserving your memories in a modern way.
How Does it Work?
First, you need to pay for the services, and then Legacybox will deliver you a complete box in your mail so you can place all the analog media. You will need to drop your old memories in the box via the local post office.
Your package will be available with barcode stickers. There will be some easy-to-follow instructions about using the barcode stickers, and you will be required to label the media. Also, you will need to mention the pre-paid UPS shipping label so you can easily send them back without paying any charges.
What Will You Get Back with Legacybox?
You will get your items in three forms with Legacybox:
- Thumb drive
- Disc set
- Digital download
How Long Does It Take to Digitize Your Items?
Well, it usually depends on the number of items you send and your requirements. Though the process is a bit long and it takes 6-8 weeks from the moment they receive your order.
Pros and Cons of Legacybox:
An option to share photos and videos
Doesn’t accept slides
Demands more charges to download
Reliable and safe
Best quality services
You can track the package
iMemories Vs Legacybox – What’s Your Choice?
- iMemories allows you high-quality digital download. But Legacybox doesn’t come with that advantage.
- iMemories can work well with social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and other sites.
- A user can create several slideshows using iMemories. It enhances offline viewing. You can also download your memories in the gadget you are using.
- iMemories is best for people who have tons of media to digitize. They can order more than 100 videotapes and 10,000 photos.
- Legacybox is also the best choice, as it accepts audio files to convert. But iMemories do not digitize files like audio cassettes.
- If you are looking for the best option with professional digitization, faster turnaround time, and cost-effective charges, then iMemories is the best solution to consider.
So, in this iMemories Vs Legacybox comparison guide, I hope that now it’s easy for you to decide on the right option. After all, when it comes to preserving precious family memories, you need to make a choice that is more reliable and effective.
Review the features again and decide carefully about the service you want to pick. Though iMemories and Legacybox are both reliable. But iMemories is still a better option in terms of reliability, flexibility, safety, and affordability.