The illuminated check engine light of your car probably indicates some issue and needs immediate attention. This means you need to get ready for a trip to the mechanic’s shop and spend tons of money on even a minor issue.
But what if I tell you that now you can run the diagnostics of your car easily on your smartphone? Yes, you don’t have to pay your mechanic for minor repairs as FIXD and BlueDriver tools along with their apps are here to provide detailed assistance. These tools are OBD2 scanners that help figure out the technical and general issues of your car.
If you have never used them but planning to buy one for getting detailed diagnostics of your car, then make sure you read the article till the end. Once you read it, you can finally decide which is the right tool to buy so let’s explore everything in this detailed review of FIXD vs BlueDriver.
What is FIXD?
FIXD is a modern and innovative device that helps figure out all the problems of your car within seconds. With this perfect combination of hardware and software technology, you can easily extract and access all the details about your car.
The best part about FIXD is, that it offers the same kind of information that you probably get from your professional mechanic who charges you a hefty amount.
That’s the reason, people who used FIXD considers it a state-of-the-art wireless mechanic. You can always stay in sync with the present condition of your car. It is easy to plug into the OBD2 port of your car.
Once you set it up, the device will start sending comprehensive general and technical details with the help of a software application installed on your phone. According to the manufacturers of this device, FIXD helps save $1000 on car repairs.
What is BlueDriver?
BlueDriver is another wireless car diagnostic tool that helps you maintain and fix your car without going to the mechanic and spending tons of money.
This Bluetooth device has also taken the internet by storm as it proved highly beneficial. You can constantly stay in sync and know all the complex errors of your vehicle. With these Bluetooth devices, you can simply keep your car in a shape.
FIXD vs BlueDriver – Comparison Table:
Now that you know the basics of these devices in FIXD vs BlueDriver review, it’s time to make a comparison between them.
Gives full engine surveillance report
Access real-time airbag alerts
Supports 5 languages
Supports English only
All brands included the ones made before 1996
Works for only selected car models
Reliable and trustable
Apps and software
Doesn’t select every device
Select every device regardless of the models
Number of vehicles
Key Features of FIXD:
Some important features of FIXD are:
- Offers real-time monitoring
- Automatic reminders for changing oil
- Freeze frame for checking alerts
- Retrieve stored readings
- Complete analysis of error readings
- Suggest corrective measures for car
- Information on the transmission.
Let’s find out some amazing features offered by BlueDriver in this FIXD vs BlueDriver review:
- Gives important airbag alerts
- Track when the next maintenance is due
- Produce data on transmission
- Freeze framing the information
- Monitor anti-lock braking
- Recommend essential measures
- Testing emissions
Pros and Cons of FIXD:
Send reminders about maintenance
Compatible with Android and iOS
Incompatible with Windows
Compact and user-friendly
Doesn’t support ABS or SRS systems
Saves money on car repairs
Can be connected with 5 cars at once
View reports on your phone
Pros and Cons of BlueDriver:
Send notifications codes to the phone
Incompatible with diesel cars
Easy to generate reports
Setup instructions are not clear
Generate and share codes & reports
Not compatible with cars before 1996
Doesn’t connect with iPad pro
Wide range of solutions for your car
Compact and portable
Affordable for all
Safe and effective
FIXD vs BlueDriver – What Makes them Unique? Understand Differences!
If you are planning to buy these car scanners, it’s important to learn what elements make them unique and what are the common differences between them.
- If you are an expert driver, I would recommend you to use the FIXD scanner. It is straightforward, lightweight, and even best for beginners. It suggests corrective measures, real-time reporting, and a lot of other things that make your diagnostic experience easy.
- BlueDriver also offers some interesting diagnostic features, which include SRS airbags, climate control, and more. It can also generate repair reports. And both of these features are not present in FIXD. It also comprises an estimator feature that evaluates the costs of car repairs before you even take the vehicle to the mechanic.
But on the other side, FIXD car monitoring and TPMS features are great for car owners which are missing in BlueDriver.
- Another element that makes FIXD a preferred choice is, that it can be connected with more than 5 cars at once. However, BlueDriver can be connected with one car only.
- You can even experience the mechanic hotline feature with FIXD premium. The device will help you connect with the right mechanic who can deal with the problem efficiently.
- You can connect FIXD with almost every car even with those that are made before 1996. However, BlueDriver is not compatible with old cars.
Your Top Pick?
By now, I am sure you can easily decide which is the best car scanner tool in this FIXD vs BlueDriver review. You can evaluate major differences and also study their features in detail before buying them.
However, if you want expert suggestions and customers’ choices, then FIXD is probably a top pick for every beginner and professional. It is easy to operate, comes with a lot of amazing features, and is also quite cost-effective for every budget. On top of that, it is compatible with every model of car. Its premium version has a lot of interesting features that you won’t find in BlueDriver.
I hope this detailed comparison of FIXD vs BlueDriver will make your buying decision easier. Happy shopping…!